info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

My TV LG DP50H30022 HAs been switching off months

Customer Question

My TV LG DP50H30022
HAs been switching off for few months by itself and needed to be switched on to continue watching TV
Now has switched off permanently - no sound or picture. Little red light comes on and goes blue when switched on, but no picture or sound.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
when I tested the fuse ( 250 v) that is near the power supply to the power board, it tests positive on both ends. However there are 2 other solded fuses ( 250 v) on the same board, and there seems to be no power on them when testing while the TV led light is blue. The power supply board is PSPU-J906A
Expert:  info tech replied 10 months ago.
HelloWelcome Its likely to be the main-board bad but first look at all the capacitors on the power-board do they all look OK?no leaking or ballooning up or raised domed tops do you know what these look like? Anthony
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the capacitors seem fine on the power board and no abnormalities can be observed on it. Is the main board same as the power board. If it is the power board (PSPU-J906A ), where could I buy one of these please. I tried 'googling' it but no luck.
No the main-board is the one with all the AV connectors on Could you please re-check your model number and come back here please its not correct the one you sent
info tech, Technician
Experience: Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the model no is definitely PD p50h30022
Power board is EAY60704801
Main Board is EAX 57566204(0) pls see pic attached
thanks
Sorry the model is still incorrect google it and nothing will come up for those numbers you have sent its PDP50H but the rest is incorrect and I cant quite see with that last photo take another photo of the model number please Anthony
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok I have just found these at the back of the cover:
LG 50PS3000
Modele/Modelo no. 50PS3000-2GB
Product Code 50PS3000-ZB.BEKYLJP
PowerAC100 - 240v -50/60Hz 4.9A
Serial no. 001MAT B66 489 Manufactured Jan 2010
OK I have had different thoughts about this can you use a meter?I am referring to a volt-ohm meter? Anthony
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Anthony,
Sorry I do not have one, but can get one ... but it will be Monday now as I am working all day until then. PLease let me know what to do. Thank you
Navin
OK we need to follow a procedure here with this, you will need a meter set to DC volts, then have a look on the power-board for the VS and VA test points (may also be termed VSUS and VDA) you need to to connect up the meter red lead to test point or pin out on a plug where its marked with VA and VS and black lead to chassis, get someone to switch the TV ON and note what happens does the voltage come up and die away or does it come up and stay there?the VS and VA voltages are on a sticky label marked on the panel (screen) Anthony
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Will try this on Monday and let you know.
Navin
ok
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Anthony,
I have checked the VS and VA as instructed. The voltage for the VS is expected to be VS195 and VA60 as per the label.
On testing the VS while the TV is switched on, ( a small green led light appears on the little board - chip board / below the power board, and led light at the front of the screen clicks to Blue), the VS ranges (from the output at top right hand corner) from 0.0 to 0.7 and stays 0.7 until the blue led light is off to red. The VA remains at 00.00. The VS from the output (top left hand corner) goes up to 0.8 and stays 0.8 until the blue led light goes off to red. and VA is 00.00. I have tested the main fuse when the power comes on the board and it is fine.
OK this time disconnect the plugs that go off to the right and left hand boards then try the voltages again plugs disconnected Anthony
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
VS and VA reading are 0.0 for both outputs while disconnected
I am assuming you have the meter set to DC red lead to test point black lead to metal chassis, OK you see the leads going from the power to mainboard (one with AV connectors attached )please measure each pin going to the main and you are looking for a 5vdc
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Done this .. 12 pins tested 1=00, 2=00, 3=12.07, 4=00, 5=5.10, 6=5.10,7=00, 8=00,9=5.16,10=3.27,11=00,12=00
These were checked when TV led is blue ( switched on).
At this present time its looking like a power-board issue as the set is being commanded to start up low voltages are appearing just that the VS and VA are not coming up, there is no short circuit because its the same with the scan boards disconnected so you should replace the power-board try www.flattvparts.co.uk please be aware there may be more numbers on that board and you may not have located the right part-number Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post thank you, ***** ***** positively enables me to receive credit from the site thanks again, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have Many Thanks Anthony
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Anthony... I have ordered the part.. and will let you know how I get on... thanks again
Your Welcome Yes keep me in the frame for this issue thanks Anthony
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Anthony,
I got the power board delivered yesterday from Ebay ( £30) and replaced it. AS soon as i turned power on I could see the 2 green lead light coming on and staying on the little (chip) board. The TV is working perfect now. Quite excited about it!
Again thank you very much for the help and support.
Good Work RegardsAnthony