Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic Viera TX-47ET50B. White patches are starting

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic Viera TX-47ET50B. White patches are starting to appear at the corners and sides. D&G insurance guys took it away today. Had a call from them to say the screen is no longer available. Could this be right?
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeI checked in both the UK and also the US (which has a larger storage of parts) and did not find it for this model. The TV is not being produced anymore so it is likely they have stopped making the panel (screen) and would do so only under warranty when being shipped back to a Panasonic repair center. Most insurers would usually check for this and prefer to repair the TV, so if they are indicating it is not possible, and based on the fact I could not find it, it does indicate they are correct.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you