Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a techwood tv with remote control.When i press any

I have a techwood tv with remote control.
When i press any button on the remote, while the tv is on and showing a picture, a number in a small box appears on top left of screen, and then a larger rectangular box on lower quarter of screen appears, then disappears after a few seconds, but the tv doesn't respond to function i.e. volume + or -.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, What is the mode number off of the back of the TV and how long have you owned it for please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
19884HDDVD
three years old
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply. We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the "Mainboard" being the most common). However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Are you still having the same problem?