info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

My Toshiba tv (19DV501B - Digital series) has suddenly developed

My Toshiba tv (19DV501B - Digital series) has suddenly developed a picture problem. The picture has gone quite dark and dull. I have tried adjusting the picture settings using the remote and I've retuned but it's not making any real difference. I've had the tv for just over 4 years.
Can you help/advise?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcome As a test please press the menu button of the sets own remote control ,is the menu ITSELF dull too please? Let me know thank youAnthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sets own remote control broke some time ago - I use a universal remote now. But yes, everything is dull - text boxes for services on the remote and all the digital radio displays.
I am going to be out now for a few hours. Hope to hear more from you later.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Its either a bad t-con board or a bad LCD panel, the panel is not an option to replace in any size set, for a set of this size repairs are not an option either to do your self or for a engineer to do its a much better option just to replace it because these sets come in very cheaply now new. I am sorry for dismal new on this Let me know if you need more help Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post, note the question remains open ALWAYS Many Thanks Anthony