Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My samsung tv sound on hd only goes off quite often. It can

Customer Question

My samsung tv sound on hd only goes off quite often. It can be restored by changing channel and back to original. Also, by removing aerial and reconnecting. All other inputs have no problems Any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. In order to determine what's caused this, I need to ask for more info. 1) Can you get the model number off of the back of the set? 2) What do you receive broadcasts from- and more importantly what remote is it you use to change channels (for example: Sky HD box with Sky remote, etc.)? 3) How long have you owned the set for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model UE46EH5000KXXU 2 YEARS OLD REMOTE SUPPLIED WITH TV REF AA59-00602A Broadcasts received via aerial communal in a block of flats.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply. So there is no Set Top Box on the TV at all? This is bad news as it would isolate the issue to the audio processing in the TV's Mainboard, which generally requires replacement of this part (if there were an external box, then the audio processing would be occurring within the box- not the TV, so this would change things). There's not much you can try on a user level beyond unplugging the TV from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 15 full seconds and release. Wait a minute and plug the set back in. See if the issue is still there and let me know what happens please.