Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Hitachi 42HXT12U - How do I stream Netflix wirelessly

Customer Question

I have a Hitachi 42HXT12U - How do I stream Netflix wirelessly from PC to the TV - It appears that the TV cannot run Netflix, is this correct
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Unfortunately, No- this TV cannot directly connect to Netflix. The remote needs a dedicated Netflix button to launch Netflix (which this set doesn't have). The browser won't allow you to connect to Netflix, because it needs to be a dedicated "App" in order to do this. So, what you would need is an external device connected to the TV's HDMI port that DOES support Netflix (such as a Roku, Amazon Firestick, Apple TV, Smart Blu Ray player, etc.).
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The link below shows what devices specifically support Netflix, so you can choose one of those based on your location: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Netflix-compatible_devices
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your answer, I have given an appropriate rating. Can I stream Netflix wireless from my PC to the TV. If so - how do I do this?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
There is no rating on the page so I have not been credited. To rate you would click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. Please do this and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rating done again, so now can we get the answer please, many thanks
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
No there is no way to stream netflix wireless from a computer to your TV. You would need one of the devices I mentioned above to do this, or to connect a laptop to the TV using an HDMI cable.