Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Philips40put6400 will not connect to internet. Tried wps &

Philips40put6400 will not connect to internet. Tried wps & wifi. Took set to router and connected with ethernet cable(this says connected but still does not allow access) Any ideas? Mike
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Try connecting to the ethernet link again, then go into the settings and manually set the tvs dns address to 8.8.8.8 and let me know if that helps. Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan,No options to change DNS from 0.0.0.0. to 8.8.8.8 as suggested from the settings menu. Screen states no internet connection at this time in wireless mode or connected in wired mode, but either way no connection to inetrnet. Mike
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike,if it is showing 0000, that is part of the problem right there, at the very least there should be a full number assigned, which means it isn't properly getting an address from your router.Does it show and IP address?Look carefully for an Edit, or Manual Setup option in the menu to adjust this.