Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

I have a smart TV TX-50CX700B and wireless headphones MIXX

I have a smart TV TX-50CX700B and wireless headphones MIXX PLAY 1 which support Bluetooth Version 1. I set the headphones to "Pairing" and the TV to Menu, Setup, Bluetooth setup, Devices. Some dots go round in a circle but no device shows. The headphones work ok with my mobile phone. Is there any way I can the TV to "See" the headphones?
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeTo be sure, when you set the headphones to pairing, and check on your computer, does it still see them in pairing mode?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your question puzzles me! My computer is not involved at all.
I have checked the headphone pair and work ok on my mobile phone.
After switching everything off, I switch the headphones on and the TV on. I set the headphones on and go to pairing (the light is alternating red and blue). On the TV, I go to Bluetooth setup. The "devices list" remains empty and the searching dots. go round in a circle. The headphones remain in "Pairing mode" for about 40 seconds before switching off. The TV does not change.I want the headphones to pick up the TV sound.Regards ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The headphones support Bluetooth Version 4.1 (NOT version 1)
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I know your computer is not involved at all.I am asking, if you put the headphones in pairing mode, then check on the computer for bluetooth devices, does it see the headphones.This is what I am asking from you please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked the HP pavilion PC running Windows 10. All the help screens show "Bluetooth" on the devices list between "Connected Devices" and "Mouse and Touchpad". My PC does not show this on the devices list. I have also tried "Add a device" but nothing appears. I don't think the PC supports Bluetooth. Regards ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My computer does not know Bluetooth. So no Bluetooth device can pair with it.My phone can pair with the headphones or the TV. (One at a time).My headphones can pair with phone but not the TV.Regards ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be away until the afternoon of Monday 4th April. I will try and see if the headphones can pair with a computer in a shop.
I will contact you on Monday.Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
Thank you Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket). Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release. Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now sees the headphones and can pair Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I apologise for the delay, but I am now home. I have followed your suggested procedure twice, once starting with the TV switched on before unplugging the plug and again with the TV switched off before unplugging it. I used my watch to check the timings. Sadly, absolutely nothing happened and no pairing took place.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ThanksIf the headphones do not pair with both the TV or a computer then it confirms the headphones are at fault and will need to be replaced.This is why I had you do the computer test.
Richard, Technician
Experience: TV Engineer
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have now found the reason the headphones don't work with the TV.
1. The headphones are fine. They pair and work with my mobile phone.
2. They pair OK with a modern computer which supports Bluetooth. My old one does not have bluetooth.
3. The bluetooth on the Panasonic TV is ONLY there for the 3D glasses and does not support the sound.Anyway, I will give you a good rating so you should get paid.