Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

My tv keeps turning its self off and a red light keeps flasing

Customer Question

my tv keeps turning its self off and a red light keeps flasing can you help please
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?2- How old is it and how long it have had the problem?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kdl 32v4000 had it about 7 years
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.- How many times red light flashing between long pauses, for example; 6 blinks, pauses, again 6 blinks etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does it all the time
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
There would be 3 seconds long pause between blinks so count how many times red light blinks then pause for 3 seconds and same blink pattern repeats.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It just blinks all the the time and when I try and turn it back on it just clicks it self off
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I understand, red power blinking light is indicating a problem in TV and number of blinks is an error code.The power light can blink from 2 times to 22 times to present the error code so count how many time is does blink then stop for 3 seconds ( may be 2 seconds) and again flash the same number of times.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put it on then it turns it's self off then it flashes continues I try to turn it back on then it turns it's self again
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, since I couldn't get correct error code info from TV during this discussion so it is hard to tell why your TV switches off. I repeatedly asked to count the blinks till it pauses for 2 seconds but got no info about it.