Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

My lg 48inch it switches on but 2seconds later it switches

hi my lg 48inch it switches on but 2seconds later it switches itselfoff onthe remote or manually
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi just the same sorry
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, plug it into a different power socket, and tell me if it still gives you the same issue please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is in a different power socket
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
same problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal power board that has faulted, it will be a faulting capacitor on the board shorting out.We have rule out all other causes for this I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you