Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

My talktalk you view box has started to switch off in the middle

My talktalk you view box has started to switch off in the middle of a play back programme and has to be restarted from scratch and also very often wont start up the following day after switching off the previous night. Can you suggest how I can remedy this problem.
Category: TV
Expert:  h00c4 replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alan and welcome.Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.When did the problem start?May I start a secure remote session so I can troubleshoot the problem directly? Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my problem is not my computer. It is with my talktalk free view box. The problem started about one week ago
Expert:  h00c4 replied 1 year ago.
Oh okay, your question came through to the computer category.I will have it moved to the TV section for you.No need to reply - you will receive an alert when an expert in that category sends you a message.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Email is preferred as I have hearing difficulties. I look forward to the reply from your colleague. Many thanks and regards. Alan Yarnold
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the TalkTalk box (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the unit on and use it Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No this did not solve the problem and I had already tried that and also checked all the connections. I have now disconnected the you view and will get in touch with Talk Talk. Thank you for trying. Alan yarnold.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Alan,Why did you make a complaint about me, it was the first step.You made a complaint indicating I was rude and supplied incorrect information. Please explain why you went and did this as I see none of this in the message I sent to you, and only think it right you tell me exactly why you did this
Richard, Technician
Experience: TV Engineer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I did not make a complaint about you! I was asked to give rating on a five star system which I assumed would be regarding the solution to the problem which it wasn't. So please accept my apologies I did not think that you were in anyway rude nor gave me wrong information. having looked on the internet it would seem that the fault is with the box itself and is quite common so I think that I need to take it up wit TalkTalk. Perhaps the star rating system is a bit ambiguous. Best regards ***** *****