Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Sony Bravia tv KDL 32v4000 Switched to off yesterday and today

Sony Bravia tv KDL 32v4000
Switched to off yesterday and today it does not switch on.
No standby light .
Have tried unplugging and waiting for 60 secs but still nothing.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;What is the tv doing now if anything ?Is there a clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?Which fuse did you check , on the TV's socket itself ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing
No clicking
Checked socket and tv plug fuse
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then it is fairly apparent to me at this point that the internal power supply circuit failed if there is no standby light , this means no standby voltage inside and only that board holds that.How do you want to proceed from here ?Look into this yourself or the repair shop ?Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself ,otherwise i will give you the details and costs you could expect although UK repair shop may have different rates I may still be able to give you a pretty good idea
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
This is your board , click the link here ; https://spares2repair.co.uk/sony-kdl-32v4000-psu-1-876-635-12-a1556796aThis is Plug&Play , no solder or adjustments so if you or a friend is handy with a screwdriver and can take off the back cover then you can do this yourselfIf that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired in a shopcould cost you around 75 to 100 pounds parts included and perhaps less if you take it to the shop yourself .
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help . Thank you