info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Got a new JVC LT42C550 tv. unable to get a signal if connected

Got a new JVC LT42C550 tv. unable to get a signal if connected directly to the sat feed even with a special connector (F plug female to Coaxial male) but if connected to my freeview box and connect with HDMI cable it works with no issues.
The idea of getting this TV was to get rid of the freeview box
please help
thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcome So that check rules out the aerialI am assuming you have carried out a sweep tune of the TV and before doing that set the sweep tune to AIR? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anthony not done that how would I go about this please the manual is no help to me thought I would just join the sat lead with the new adaptor sorry
andi
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure what you mean by that (sat lead to new adaptor) but if you are connecting that same lead to the freeview box and it works it rules out an aerial problem however if you go direct to the set with the aerial you MUST tune the set in now there will be something like this menu>>> settings >>>tuning>>>autotune can you see anything like that ?you must be in the settings menu?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the satellite lead has an F Plug on the end and the TV only has a co axial input so I have purchased an adaptor which has an F Plug on one end and a Co axial on the other so I can use the satellite dish as I do not have an aerial at my house.
I am doing the auto tune now but still no channels
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
No you can't do thatYou will be using a satellite box for the channels wont you?
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Or is it just a basic freeview box meant for an aerial not satellite?there is a difference
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did intend to use the TV freeview and not use my other freesat box to have less stuff under the TV but I think I now know what your advice will be
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Freesat and freeview are different systems , the advice will be you will need an aerial there is no other alternative now depending on how far away you are from the transmitter a powered indorr one you get from somewhere like Band M for £10 may work but ideally you need an outdoor one Let me know if you need more helpA positive rating is needed please so I receive credit from the site thank you, ***** ***** of stars is usually top of the page thanks again Anthony Anthony