Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Just plugged in my sharp aquos lc52xs1e .tv works fine.But

just plugged in my sharp aquos lc52xs1e .tv works fine.But avc box standby flicks on then straight off again when I power it on. Would be greatful of any advise..
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Are you getting any picture or menus to the screen? Any sound coming through?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan. No nothing. As the avc box power light just flashes once an goes out. The TV works fine with a play station. Just not the media centre.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming. Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect in the control box, often a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2009 model, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components. If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $400 for diagnostics, parts, and labor, though realistically there are no parts available any longer.You cannot buy a standalone box, except perhaps to come across an occasional used one on ebay. For a tv of this size/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty in the $400 range, or just get by as best you can using a source connected directly to the display, though you'd want an external sound system.A separate a/v receiver unit may be an option for you as an alternative. Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much mate. Worked a treat. Did as you told me with the reset. Saved me loads of stress. Nice1 again..