info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Anthony my Samsung TV just showing weak or no signal on

Hi Anthony my Samsung TV just showing weak or no signal on a blue background, I checked the cables, no idea why its stopped working
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcome Sorry I have a bad connection Please disconnect any satellite or cable box you may be using by disconnecting the box from wallpower waiting 5 mins then replugging the box back in again, do the same with the TV at the same time let me know if there is any change thank you Anthony
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
You still there......
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried unplugging the TV for 10 minutes, disconnecting the aerial etc. It was working fine, it jus display no or weak signal and cant find any channels when I try to auto tune, so still not working
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
OK so you are watching through an aerial? If so you have sweep tuned the set usually on auto-tune its doen this but finds nothing is that correct? Anthony
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
You have seen the set searching for stations?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, its straight from the aerial into the TV, and I have tried several times to tune the channels
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
OK so you have seen the set searching for channels but coming up empty this usually takes about 5 mins, so if the set has done that there are only two things that the issue can be 1 A bad aerial2 A bad tuner in the set Are you sure the aerial is OK?do you have another set to try on that aerial point to prove its OK?(the only other way is with a signal strength meter) Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for the info. Everything was working ok, so I guess it must be an aerial issue. I will call someone out to check
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
As I say you could do with checking it yourself to save money if it works on another set aerial is good and the tuner is bad in the set come back here and we will discuss that option, if set does not work then aerial is bad or lead or coax plug anything associated with the aerialPlease note this question never closes Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please reply back and I will address any of your concerns, note the question NEVER closes, its open for further advice if necessary Many Thanks Anthony
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Do you need anymore help please? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Anthony, I will have to see if it s the cable, aerial or TV problem. If a TV problem, and less than 12months old it should be under warrantee I presume?
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Yes it will be under warranty for 12 months however on most occasions this is a reception issue with the aerial AnthonyPS please remember to rate the answer positively note question remains open always