Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a Panasonic tv model no tx-L26x10b and a Panasonic dvd

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic tv model no tx-L26x10b and a Panasonic dvd and hard drive model no DMR-EX98VEB. The other day the message came up that channel 74 was moving to ch 71 so it turns out that I now can't get my original ch of cbs drama as the message said ( to continue watching you will need freeview hd equipment ). How can I now watch my fav ch. Does the recorder and hard drive ( DMR-EX98VEB ) have the HD built in or will I need to get a set top box.
THANKS JANE xx
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jane,The DMR-EX98VEB does not have a built-in HD tuner, however you can still watch the SD version of the CBS Drama on channel 792.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I suppose that means I will have to get a HD set top box, as I cannot do the sd version. Can you recomend one that is very simple to set up as I am not very mechanicly minded. My current connections are as follows; 1) main ariel to the DMR- and one coming out to the tv. 2) HDMI cable going between both of them. I hope that helps you. It was set up by an engineer when I bought the TV so had no worries. The trouble today is they keep bringing out better technology which I can't keep up with at 62. Last but not least thank you for your help I am really grateful. Also the tv companies are to blame for swapping channel transmissions in the first place.
Thanks Jane.