Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have the Monster HDP850G Model, which I have had two

I have the Monster HDP850G Model, which I have had two years 4 months. Yesterday I turned the unit on and it is making a loud hum, and the playbar was not working or the DVD player. I unplugged the playbar and DVD from the Monster unit and plugged them into a seperate wall socket and they worked perfectly. I plugged them back into the Monster and turned it back on but still getting this loud hum. Any thoughts on this?
Vic, ********
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, If the Monster unit is outputting a Hummm to connected equipment it means that its line filtering- in some section of the circuit has failed. This unit uses chokes, capacitors and a mini on-board processor to filter and monitor the AC line current in your home. What is also very possible is that you have a ground "Loop" in our system (all grounds from connected equipment join together in the Monster, and then is a couple of volts away from neutral in your electrical panel). However if that hum was not there before and no equipment or locations were changed then it would not likely be a ground loop. This unit does have a Lifetime product warranty through Monster, so I would suggest contacting the retailer and finding out how to start a warranty ticket on this unit and have it repaired. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts.