Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic DMR-PWT635 HDD recorder. I have just

Hi,I have a Panasonic DMR-PWT635 HDD recorder. I have just moved house and I couldn't get any tv channels on it, so I factory reset it and I am still missing BBC1 and 2. ITV is there. The Panasonic TV that is at the new house gets all signals. Is there likely to be a diffference between the stations that the TV tuner can pick up versus the recorder channels?Thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- What procedure you applied to reset the recorder to factory settings?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went through the settings menu until I found the initialize, Shipping condition option. Once I selected this it went through the reset procedure.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Nice, did you unplug recorder power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes after performing 'shipping condition' to restore the recorder to default factory settings as unplug will complete the reset process.Replug power cord back in, turn On the recorder and it should display first time setup wizard where you would need to run auto program/ channel scan to get all available channels in area.Also, is the same aerial hooked to TV and this recorder for channels/ broadcasting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I'll try that now. The aerial is connected via the recorder to the TV, so that way they are both connected to the same aerial. When the recorder is off, the signal to the TV is fine, but when you switch it on, it affects the signal, I assume because it then uses the recorder tuner in some way before it gets to the TV?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Correct, aerial signals directly go to recorder tuner when its power is On that is why it affects the signals go to TV. Please try shipping condition again and unplug recorder power cord as well for few minutes to see if it helps to fix the issue. Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now I have BBC One South and BBC Two, but ITV is missing! So it's the other way round but still missing channels
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Nice , I'm afraid it seems recorder tuner limitation which is causing ITV missing reception. We have tried possible fix that worked to get missing channels except one. Glad to know all other channels are available now. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not all channels are there - it did have ITV and Channel 4 originally, but they are missing now as I say, so it can't be recorder limitation. Could it be that it has to get some channels from one broadcast mast and the others from another?The issue hasn't been resolved yet......
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, then the issue would be signal strength coming from aerial, possible cause is either aerial direction might be wrong or connection cable from aerial to recorder has some loose joint etc. What type of aerial is being used and is it simple or amplified aerial?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But how come when I turn the unit off the TV can get all the channels? Is it likely to have a better tuner than the recorder unit?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This is correct, TV tuner seems better quality so it receives and process weak signals as well. Recorder has own tuner that seems need better strength air signals so possible fix is to use amplified aerial to get it working for all missing channels.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does the amplifier need to be installed near the aerial? We are in a shared block so that will be difficult. Is there anything that you can buy to install between the aerial socket and the recorder to do the job?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
ah OK, following aerial booster will work for you, plug the coming aerial cable into box and hook the output of box to recorder RF input and run channel scan..http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/2-way-high-gain-plug-in-digital-aerial-amplifier-1-in-2-outinc-4g-lte-r61re