*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

We have Three TVs. Two are on our Sky Dish aerial. One 19"

Customer Question

We have Three TVs. Two are on our Sky Dish aerial. One 19" TV in the kitchen is connected via Coaxial cable to the Aerial ion our loft.
The last TV in my wife's room had Digital TV on her 32" LG Smart TV via the loft aerial until a couple of days ago ?
But suddenly no Digital channels on her TV !?
I checked and re made all the coax connections and replaced an old 4 way aerial splitter in the loft which served her LG TV with a new B&Q 6 way splitters But now we can't tune in all the digital channels in on the Auto Tune feature.
All we get is ITV, Chann 4 and 5' no BBC 1 or 2 !
I am totally baffled and UK Digital are as much help as fridges to Eskimoes 😱
Can anyone help ?
Category: TV
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Try a manual retune on her tv and let me know the results please.1. Using your remote control, press the "menu" button.2. Select the "set up" or "installation" option. If you see picture icons, select the tool box, satellite dish or spanner.3. Select "manual retune" or "manual search".4. If you are prompted for a code, try 0000 or 1234.5. For BBC A type in the number you obtained from the Digital UK page where it asks for a "channel" number (frequency) and press OK.6. Repeat steps 1 - 5 using the different numbers obtain from the Digital UK website, next to each group (a group is a bundle of TV services), to complete the manual retune. D3&4: , SDN: , ARQ A: , ARQ B: , BBC B HD: etc.7. Then press "menu" or "exit" to finish.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but all ok now. The coax ( I have a few cab,Es in the loft ) to her TV wasn't connected properly. So I remade the connection and all is working. The only thing wrong now is that the Magic Eye she uses for the Sky programmes from the Sky HD Box in the Lounge has stopped working 😱.
We tried retuning her LG TV for an Analogue signal but it keeps retuning to Digital ? We need it to retune to Channel 68 but don't know what to do now ? Can you advise please ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All sorted. I retuned to Analogue via the SECAM search function. Left it while I went down to watch the Leicester/Everton match, when I went back upstairs the same match was showing on her LG TV. So all' well 😉