info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a 55" TV, model, TX-55AS802B.I usually turn it off

I have a 55" TV, model, TX-55AS802B.
I usually turn it off at the socket every night rather than leave it on standby.
Now when I turn it on the screen comes on for a couple of seconds and then goes into Standby mode, the red light blinks every 4 seconds.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcome The 4 blinks is a fault code however please re-boot the set by un-plugging the set from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug the set back in again let me know if there is any change before we move on thanks Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
done that, just goes straight into standby again.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
How old is the set now please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just coming up to 18 months old.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
OK let me tell you the set has a problem with one of the boards likely to be power-board now what you should do first is complain to panasonic (if the set is out of warranty) to see if they will recall it under warranty sometimes they will do this as a goodwill gesture, if they do not please come back here and we will discuss your options, use the website www.panasonic.co.uk and the contact forms there Let me know initially how this works out Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please reply back and I will address any of your concerns, note the question NEVER closes, its open for further advice if necessaryMany ThanksAnthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay, I'll contact them and let you know. Bye
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Thank You for the rating please be sure to come back here if needed this never closes thanks Anthony