Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My LG television is saying Not Programmed. Changed internet

My LG television is saying Not Programmed. Changed internet service yesterday have put new details in but still not working. Help
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Usually the Not Programmed message has to do with your channels- not with your internet. So, I need to know- how do you receive broadcasting in the set? Is it through a cable or satellite box connected to the TV using an HDMI cable for example? Also do you have the model number off of the back of the TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is LG 40LF630V
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, getting back to that message on the TV- it sounds like the TV is on the incorrect INPUT. So, I need to know- how do you receive broadcasting in the set? Is it through a cable or satellite box connected to the TV using an HDMI cable for example? Also have you changed the Input to try to get back to whatever it is you're trying to watch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much for you to fix?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You paid the site a deposit to post your question- I'm not privy to any of that, If you need hep then review my last info request and postback with the info needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Through a sky box and then a wireless transmitter HDMI cable
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, can you try using the INPUT button on the TV please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry no cable just an HDMI transmitter and receiver
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Try to use your TV's INPUT button to select the HDMI Input you normally view your Sky box from. Let me know exactly what you see on your screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the TV input button?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
On the original LG remote that came with the TV and there should also be an Input button on the TV itself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Live TV Sky Hd (GB) all inputs
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what you're saying here. What do you mean Live TV Sky hd (GB) all inputs? You started the question with "No Programmed" on your screen, so now are you saying the screen is showing something to do with the Sky box? Please elaborate.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Just to clarify- what exactly is it you're looking to do on the TV right now?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Were you looking to get back to your Sky programming originally? Is it back up on the TV?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aric I have just fallen over and split my lip very badly. Hi I have had to go to hospital for stitches in my lip and have just returned.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry to hear that. Were you posting back here because you need further help with the TV problem? Or is it all set now, I'm unsure where it stands.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I pressed the Sky option on input and all is well. Apologies for the delay but as I told you yesterday I fell whilst texting you, split my lip and ended up in hospital with 12 stitches