Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How to I tune my Panasonic tv purchased in Australia now that

How to I tune my Panasonic tv purchased in Australia now that I live in the UK ? I can't select countries, only regions in Australia from the menu
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, What is the model number off of the back of the Panasonic please?Also how do you receive broadcasts in the UK- is there any sort of cable/SAT box connected to the TV, or is it a direct aerial connection from wall to TV please?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Let me know when you're able to see my reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model TH-P42X10A
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Also how do you receive broadcasts in the UK- is there any sort of cable/SAT box connected to the TV, or is it a direct aerial connection from wall to TV please?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
In other words, what is connected to the TV please.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Upon further review, you are actually going to need to use some sort of Cable/SAT Tuner box between the aerial and the TV itself- since the TV's tuner formats are pre-programmed to Australia formats.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No cable/SAT box a straight Ariel with an amplifier
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
So an external Set Top Box between the aerial and the TV itself is needed, which will then connect to the TV's HDMI or AV Input jacks. You'll use the TV remote's TV/Video or Input button to select the AV/HDMI Input.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The TV's tuner simply will not be able to pull in stations directly, so a box is needed. The box will bypass the TV's tuner and use it's own software to tune channels. I am pulling up a suitable box for you now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do you get an external set top box from. What are they called?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Curry's has them, and they are actually called Set Top Boxes. The link below will give you several different options to choose from: http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/digital-and-smart-tv/set-top-boxes/304_3021_30021_xx_xx/xx-criteria.html
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The aerial connects directly to the box "RF/Cable" Input, then the box will connect to the TV's Audio Video jacks on the back of the set. Once you change the Input on the TV to those AV jacks, you will get a setup MENU from the box which will then ask you to select broadcast type/format and then run an auto-scan to search and store available channels in your area.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK