Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

Why Does My UE40S9AU TV not like any HDMI cable from my

Customer Question

Why Does My UE40S9AU TV not like any HDMI cable from my Marantz UD8004? please
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

Hello and Welcome Phillip. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Are the other devices plugged directly into HDMI inputs of TV that are working fine?

- Can you please elaborate the issue between TV and Marantz?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
All devices are into Marantz SR6004 AV receiver, then one cable to a one connect Mini cable box that came with the TV!
The Blue ray Player works on another TV Via the same AV receiver But as soon as any HDMI is connected via all the above it has a job to even star Tray won't open,if it does nothing reads the disc
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

OK, what happens if you connect bluray directly to HDMI input of TV?

I mean bypass the Marantz for a while as a test to see if bluray works with TV or gives same issues?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Had to plug it into the mini box first, Still no signal
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

OK, did you select correct HDMI input in source list of TV?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

OK, have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and again check?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Done all that, even over night
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

ah OK, how old is the TV?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Bought it as new 9 days ago I gave you the model number
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

I got the model number of TV in initial post but it doesn't tell when the TV was purchased.

- Was the TV working fine with Marantz or is it first time setting it up?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have been trying everything for the last NINE days since buying it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

OK, let me sum it up, no HDMI input works regardless of what video source/ device is plugged into any HDMI input of one-connect=mini box, is this correct?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
NO NO NO ONLY the Marantz Blue Ray Player fails To WORK
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry Shahid, This is not getting me anywhere, or the answer I need. I am going to try Marantz for an answer. Phil Claremont
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

I'm working on it and get back to you in 10 minutes, if this is OK for you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
TEN MINUTES THEN THE PC Shuts down
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

There are two buttons located on Marantz remote labeled as HDMI MODE and RES, have you tried to turn On HDMI Mode and set HDMI RES to Auto and check if it helps to get bluray picture on TV?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Pressed every button recomended
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

OK, let me repost the question for other experts to have a look, I'm out of ideas and opting out now to repost the question,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It has been more than 24 hours! Yet you have taken my money which as you have not supplied an answer is against your policy not to! Therefore legal action will be taken including all costs involved! Phil Claremont