Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

Today when I turned on my LG smart TV there appeared a

Today when I turned on my LG smart TV there appeared a message saying 'no signal'. One or two of the channels did have broken up pixilated pictures. I retuned the set using auto tuning and found that although the picture was good quite a lot of the Freeview channels were missing including all the BBC channels. I have tried another retune with the same problem. Can you advise me what to do next?
Category: TV
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

HI, my name is***** have read your question and understand that you have lost some channels and some were week before you re-tuned the system? Do other devices all play normal like a DVD player or game console etc? Also what are you using to attain a signal, an antenna outside connected directly to the TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DVD is fine and I have a roof antenna connected directly to the TV,
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

Is it amplified?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No --the signal has never been a problem before.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We had a slight storm this afternoon --is it possible that that might have caused the problem?
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

Okay so its not amplified so we can rule the fact that the amplification system is not the problem, my first thought would be that their is possible a antenna or a cable going to the antenna connecting back from the to the TV has developed a soft short causing the signal to be week. If their was a storm it is possible wind may have cause the wire or something to get blown around causing a problem with the connection to the antenna wire. I would first do as much trouble shooting with the antenna system before considering a problem with the TV, It is possible though that in a storm that contained lighting their could have been a spike on the antenna line causing the tuner to malfunction, would not want to advise on changing a main board in the TV though if the problem is with Antenna.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK -thanks for that. I'll get the antenna checked out.
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome. Thank you

Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

If your satisfied with the JA service please consider accepting or rating our service before signing off, it is the only way experts get credit for their time, Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Diagnosis spot on! Connection at the roof antenna displaced. 10/10