Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

I have a Samsung UHDTV which I bought last December (2015).

Customer Question

I have a Samsung UHDTV which I bought last December (2015). The Smart hub apps have stopped working and I attempted to reset the apps. I get past the stage where it says the TV is connected to my WIFI and the internet but when it attempts to download the "Policy, Terms and Conditions" it says the internet connection is unstable and won't complete the Smart Hub setup.
My internet is "unlimited Fibre Extra" from PlusNet and speedtests typically show Download - 30 Mbps and Upload - 17 Mbps.
All other devices connected to my WIFI seem to work OK - 2 phones, Ipad, Now TV, Laptop & WIFI printer.
Can you advise please
Category: TV
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 6 months ago.

Hello Bob, and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Can you give me the Make and Model number please

I need to pull the Tech Documents.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Its a Samsung UHD TV. Model no - UE40JU6400KXXU

Thank you for that, but first i didnt see your model number, in the list, so maybe you mistyped it, or wrote it down wrong, or had a hard time seeing it on the TV?

But the closest model i found was UN40JU6400FXZA, and thats the tech documents i pulled up.

.

I also did not find any Troubleshooting steps to take about the issue you are facing.

.

My suggestion, is to keep trying to download the Policy Terms and conditions, as this does NOT sound like a TV issue, but rather a WiFi issue.

.

Could be interferance from other devices.....it could be that objects in the home have been rearranged, creating a different RF propogation than before.

.

Was the WiFi Gateway moved at all recently? What about the antennas on the WiFi...were they turned or moved?

.

Has the TV been relocated to a different spot in the house?

.

Did you add or change position of any appliances or furniture?

.

I see you did a reset on the WiFi, so i wont ask you to do it again......but maybe instead, log into the WiFi and Create another SSID, and password.

Then try to connect to the New SSID, and see if that helps.

Let me know.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks but I didn't write the model no. wrongly - that's what is on the back of the TV.I don't think we're getting anywhere here so can you please arrange a refund of my £27 - Samsung have obviously messed up with a recent software update.

Im confident we WILL be able to determine the issue, but these types of issues can take some time, and we just need to keep plugging away at it.

.

I can do the tasks FOR YOU, that i had asked you to do.....would that help?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK, I've got time tomorrow morning and can focus on working through suggestions.Just to clarify that nothing has changed in the house - the router has not been touched and there have been no furniture changes. The router is only about 5m from the TV and the wifi internet connection is unchanged and works well on all my other devices.I'm reluctant to start changing anything on my PlusNet router. I'm sure the issue is to do with a software update on the TV. Problem lies with Samsung - if you're confident about solving the problem can you get more details from them?I'll be in touch tomorrow - thanks

Wait, your router is that close to your TV.....and you use the WiFi?

You shoudl just make life easy and throw in an ethernet cable to the TV.....no more hassles...no more dropped connections....no more interference, no more NETWORK RELATED PROBLEMS...Just Sayin!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks but don't want to continue