Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I HAVE A SAMSUNG PLASMA PN59D550C1F NOT TURNING ON BUT THE

Customer Question

I HAVE A SAMSUNG PLASMA PN59D550C1F NOT TURNING ON BUT THE POWER LIGHT BLINK UP TO FIVE TIME WHEN I SWITCH IT ON , WHAT COULD BE THE CAUSE, I TRIED THE T-CON BORAD AND IT DID NOT WORK
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Does screen glow/ show light at all when turn On the TV?
Do you get sound from TV speakers?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it does not light up at all
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the television is not by me now
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for the info, typing an answer for you that will take couple of minutes.

Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

This kind of problem occurs due to failure of sustain boards located on either sides of rear of display panel and calls x-main and y-main boards. You would need to check Va and Vs volts output with multimeter at connector CN804 of power supply board, if volts are available even for a second then replace y-main board as first thing to see if it fix the issue. Please click following link to view y-main, x-main and power supply board images and price info..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=%09PN59D550C1F

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
what if there is no volts available
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

If no volts (Va and Vs) available then power supply board is defective and y-main board should also be checked to see if it has short or not. Set your meter to continuity and touch meter prob across the Va-GND pin and Vs-GND pin of y-main board, if low/ zero ohms reading appears then it indicates short.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Shahid i will try those method tomorrow when i get to work will i still be able to respond to you then
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Sure, take your time, you can post follow up question any time and I'll reply it happily. Bookmark/ save the page link or click the link in email notification sent to you by JustAnswer.com to open this chat thread at later time to post follow up question. rating the answer doesn't close the question at all.

Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
will continue tomorrow
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

OK, please take your time and reply back when available to continue.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Shahid i check the vs and i am getting volts but there is no volt on the va
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

OK, we need to confirm it so unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 5 minutes, set meter leads for volt check and be ready, replug TV power cord in and press power button on TV to turn it On.

Does Va volts appear for a second or two?

if yes, power board is OK and if still doesn't appear then power board is defective.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i did that and there is still no volt not even .5
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

OK, power supply board is bad and should be replaced.

Now unplug y-main board from power board, set meter on Ohms/ resistance check and check ohms across Vs-GND pins and Va-GND pins to see if y-main board has any short/ low ohms like 1-2 ohms?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
HI SHAHID WE SPOKE SOME TIME A GO ABOUT A SAMSUNG PLASMA NOT YET COMPLETE I STILL NEED A POWER BOARD
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.

OK, please get the part number off of power supply board to search/ google it to get price and stock info.