Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

I have a Sony KD55S8505C TV but am having difficulty with

Customer Question

I have a Sony KD55S8505C TV but am having difficulty with the 3D picture. How do I tune it in properly?
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Roger and welcome

The functions relating to the 3D on this TV are as follows

To enable it

1. Press the HOME button, then select [Settings] — [Display] — [3D settings].
  2. Select the [3D display] mode to suit the displayed content.

Depending on the input signal or format, [3D (Side-by-Side)]/[3D (Over-Under)] may not be selectable.

Note

• In addition to the [3D display] mode, you can use various 3D options in [3D settings]. Press the HOME button, then select [Settings] — [Display] — [3D settings].
  • The 3D effect may be less pronounced if the ambient temperature is low.
  • If [Motionflow] in [Picture] is set to something other than [Off], the process to minimise screen flicker may affect the smooth movement of the picture. In such a case, press the ACTION MENU button, then select [Picture] — [Motionflow] — [Off]. (For [Motionflow] compatible models only.)

These are the functions available for the 3D functionality on this TV

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.