info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a Samsung LS27EMDKU/EN. when you turn it on it

Customer Question

I have a Samsung LS27EMDKU/EN. when you turn it on it flashes raster on the screen and then goes blank. The power light stays alight and sometime two other red lights but otherwise it looks totally dead. No Volume either.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.

Welcome

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no the menut does not come up on screen but I do hear the tones when I switch on and off
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.

Its a bad main-board, let me tell you that to replace the aminboard could cost in excess of $80+ so $80_$150 these small sets now can be picked up for under $200 so there is economics in doing this, if you do want to go ahead (some people do for sentimental reasons for the set) I will be happy to help however ordinarily its a better option to just replace it.

Let me know if you need more help

Please consider rating the answerpositively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page,rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (Iam a user of the site like you are a verified technician, I do notwork for JustAnswer) if you need more help let me know , note thequestion NEVER CLOSES IT REMAINS OPEN should you need more help nowor later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks Anthony for your quick response. I will replace the whole unit i think. Many thanks. Anne. x
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.

Your Welcome

If you need anything else let me know

Thanks for the rating

Anthony