Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Panasonic DVD recorder DMR EX769, which is used to

I have a Panasonic DVD recorder DMR EX769, which is used to record programmes from a Bang Olufsen TV. It has been working well until now. When I press the Guide button or the Direct Navigator button or the Function Menu I get the following display U80. Unfortunately the publish guide has been lost so I do not know how this occurred or how to get back so we can record the programmes we want. Help please!
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, U80 is a failure within the Panasonic player itself per the manual (see the error codes on page 62):

http://www.disc-player.com/manuals/panasonic/Panasonic_DMR-EX769.pdf

What this typically means is either the processor of the machine has locked up, or there's a hardware failure requiring service. Please unplug the Panasonic from power (unplug the power cord), then press and hold the power/standby button on the machine itself for 10 seconds and release. Wait a minute then plug it back in, and press power/standby once to turn it on.

Let me know if you have the same problem.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.