Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have bought a Panasonic DMR-HWT250EB to replace a SKY HD+

I have bought a Panasonic DMR-HWT250EB to replace a SKY HD+ device. The current feed from the dish is a two wire input. The Panasonic box has only a single RF input slot. My questions are a) have I bought the wrong device and b) do I need some sort of converter to take the two leads to one?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems.

Here's the thing, if you have a DISH with two feeds coming from it, you still need some sort of satellite box to decode the dish signal- the Panasonic cannot do that, it contains a very basic cable/antenna tuner. So you will still need a satellite converter box and then can feed the converter box to the Panasonic.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

So while you can still use the Panasonic for recording and playback to the TV, you will still need another box that connects directly to those two coaxial cables coming from the DISH- the Panasonic simply will not recognize that signal without another Sky Box, or other form of converter box connected "Before" it.

So the signal chain needs to look like this:

DISH------->Cables to Sky or other converter box----->Panasonic----->TV.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.