JamesInch
JamesInch,
75967336

I cannot seem to get uktv play on my recently purchased

i cannot seem to get uktv play on my recently purchased panasonic
Category: TV
Expert:  JamesInch replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon, my name is ***** ***** you for contacting JA.

can you please advise the name and version of the browser you are using, to access UKTV?

James

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
what ever is supplied with the panasonic telly,have tried downloading through firefox.
but uktv should of been picked up by the E.P.G on the telly surely

Your TV doesnt support flash, thats why you were getting an error when trying to install it.

In order to access UKTV you need to download the appropriate app on to the TV, however UKTV isnt available on all TV's, on looking at the UKTV webpage here, it suggests you would need to purchase an Amazon fire stick which plugs into the TV.

However there may be a specific Panasonic app, if you can advise of the model number of your Panasonic TV I can talk you through the process of checking if an App is available, and downloading it once found.

James

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Viera--TX-40CX680B bought in feb 2016

Good evening, sorry for the delay in responding I have been waiting on confirmation from Panasonic before coming back to you.

There is not a NowTV app for Panasonic on their app store (Viera), and they are not aware of any plans for one to be created at this time, from reading the NowTV forum here, there is demand but it appears to have been ignored for now.

If you wish to access NowTV on your Panasonic TV, due to the web browser not supporting flash and no app being available, my suggestion is you buy the NowTV box which will plug into your TV, its currently being sold for less than £15 here, the box can then be used on any other TV you wish later on down the line.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
its not now tv i was asking about .
it was uktv play which should be available on panasonic unless the licensing did not go through as planned.all the panasonic sites are saying this should be available.

I do apologies for the confusion. Unfortunatly Panasonic do not have a specific app on their app store for UKTV either, however it appears according to an April press release found here, you can access the service via FreeView Play.

Freeview Play as you have already suggested should be accessible via the EPG, if its not showing please upgrade your TV's software by following the process below

• Press Menu on the TV remote
  • Select Network From the Menu
  • Select Software Update From the Menu

Please let me know once the TV has upgraded itself and if you can see on demand services in the EPG.

James

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sorry to say have already done all that and have latest software on tv but still no uktv catch up.even freeveiw play does not show it.shows all main one abc.itv,more 4 and demand five but no uktv.

I have contacted third line support for Panasonic, they have referred me back to their website here, which does not list UKTV as a on demand service available on your model.

The confusion seems to be around Panasonic and Freeview not working together and making accurate press releases.

Panasonic are aware that Freeview Play service has UKTV listed, but have said they do not support that service currently you on model of TV, though they are currently looking at it, but the earliest it would be made available would be Q4 (October on wards).

In addition I also called Freeview ( 03456 505050) and they pointed out that as part of the press release they did state it would be released in Q2 (before end of June), though admit this is likely to slip but can not provide a date at this time.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok thanks for that just seems funny that my older panasonic which is now in another room plays uktv with no problem.

It must be something to do with the firmware on the new model, do you access UKTV via the EPG?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no its comes down as an app

This confirms it must be due to different firmware on the two TV's then, since Panasonic have confirmed there is no app available for your model at this time. They most likely are not providing an app, as they are wanting to push the Freeview Play service, but since UKTV hasnt gone live on Freeview Play its now a waiting game.

I appreciate this must be frustrating for you, however the service will not be available until Freeview Play release it, and there is no published date for this currently.

Is there anything else I can clarify for you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no thanks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
even though they do advertise all day to use uktv catchup---funny that

So I may close the case, I would appreciate if you could rate the service received from me this week.

Have a good evening

James

JamesInch,
Experience: 
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
go ahead and close