Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a Digihome DLF401080FVHD TV think my father in laws

Customer Question

hi i have a Digihome DLF401080FVHD TV think my father in laws been playing withe the settings, i can only get sound, no screen images at all so cant go through functions etc, is there a way of restoring to factory settings
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-Have you tried bringing up the menu using the buttons on the tv itself?

-How long have you had the tv?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
theres a toggle type multifunction switch on the back, it will turn the set on/off and shift channels but no visual display at all, the set is just under two years old
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. All symptoms point to a defective part inside the tv that will require taking the back off and further diagnosis. This will involve use of a meter with live voltages. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further.

If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted but I can tell you that diagnosis, parts, and labor will end up costing just about the same as a new 40" Tv and could take a few weeks to get all sorted.

Unless you can DIY, I would strongly suggest you use the money you saved by coming here first toward a replacement tv rather than going for a repair.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

I'm very sorry for the bad news.

I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant but please keep in mind why you came here to use this service.

An in home diagnosis by a local repair shop usually costs $100-$135 up front. Finding out whether your tv can be repaired and how much it may cost from this online chat costs a fraction of that which allows you to choose the smarter option.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page so that I get credit for my work.

Mike

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?