KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Technician
Experience:  10+ years experience in electronics
70193065

My Panasonic to will not turn on with its own controller or

Customer Question

My Panasonic to will not turn on with its own controller or with Sky's. When I point Panasonic controller toward TV red light flickers. Can u help please. Heather
Category: TV
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.

Hi Heather, welcome to Just answer .... have you tried to leave it unplugged for 15 minutes ? If still it wont help then please tell me its complete model number and how old is it ?
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have unplugged it for 15 minutes. it is 7 years old. it is fixed to the wall and I cannot see number. the read light continues to flash if the TV's controller is near it. is that any help?

It is most likely a failed power board that will need replacement... please unplug it then after 5 minutes press and hold the power button on the TV, simultaneously plug it back and let go the power button ... then press the power button again and see if it works

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kevin thanks for getting back to me. Nothing happening. The red button just will not go green either with Panasonic controller or sky one. Any other suggestions. Heather

Looking at the age of this TV you will have to replace the power board... the cost of repair will be around £130 including tech charges

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Engineer coming on Monday but Mum 93 years old will have to have a quiet weekend. Sorry you could not help. Heather

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do. Not your fault. H

OK Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kevin. Tv has to have a new panel fitted, engineer has if ordered and will fit it when it arrives. Thanks anyway. Heather

Glad you got it sorted ... Thanks for the update