Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

My Sharp tv LC32D44E BK LCD purchased in 2009 has stopped

Customer Question

My Sharp tv LC32D44E BK LCD purchased in 2009 has stopped working, it will not turn on. Green light comes on momentarily then goes to red.
Category: TV
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. I suspect the problem is caused by either the power supply in the tv or firmware in the tv. Would you be looking to repair the tv yourself? I can talk you through testing the power supply if needed but this would involve testing for voltages using a mutimeter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I would not be able to repair myself or test.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply would you like me to suggest an engineer in your area who may be able to fix it for you.

I suspect the cost to repair would be between £40 and £120 it is always hard to estimate with out seeing the set.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please, I live in Prestwich, north Manchester. As a pensioner I don't want to buy a new set if I can get a reasonably priced repair.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I have found two engineers listed on a trade forum I am a member of. I don't know if they are near to you or not.

Digital Technology
LCD & Plasma Repairs

***** *****
Over 30 years experience in the TV & VCR trade, repairs and sales.
Unit 17 Harp Business Centre
Queensway
Rochdale
OL11 2QQ

Tel: 01706-354390
Mob:07946 322073

Heald Green TV

Repairs to LCD, LED, Plasma & DVD Repairs
System Set-ups and Wall Mounting Service

Which Magazine Recommended

Contact Paul on;
0***-***-**** or 07711-553407

Let me know if any of these are close to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the info but I think both are too far to visit, in any event my family have persuaded me to buy a new TV!
Thanks for trying to help