hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Installer
Experience:  I am a certified Cable Television installer in the state of Hawaii
40928634

I have two samsung TV'S in the same room and the remotes

Customer Question

I have two samsung TV'S in the same room and the remotes affect both TVs instead of affecting each tv individually.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  chutz747 replied 5 months ago.

this is because TVs from the same manufacturer use the same remote codes, often most manufactures have about 5 or 6 codes. The codes represent frequencies that the remotes opperate on to communicate with the tv's. Now if the remotes are radio based, then there is not much you could do other than to move one to a different room preferably with a least 1 wall between. If they are direction IR remotes then you can simply make sure they are pointing 180 degrees or opposite directions from each other. The only other option to separate them would be to use a different manufacturer. Or contact the manufacture to see if they offer a method for altering the frequency, most likely there is no option for that.

sorry I wish I could offer you a better solution, but this has to do with physics and there is not magic switch we can flip to make them operate on different frequencies

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

let me know if you have any questions, problems, or concerns

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE SO I AM PAID FOR MY TIME

IT WILL NOT COST ANYTHING ADDITIONAL BEYOND THE VALUE OF YOUR QUESTION

TO RATE, CLICK THE STARS AT THE TOP OF YOUR SCREEN

Do not rate negatively, instead continue the conversation with me so I can address any of your concerns

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
is there a way to program one to IR and one to RB?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
can service mode alter the remote codde
Expert:  chutz747 replied 5 months ago.

you cannot reprogram these remotes they are created this way at the manufacturer, and is a function of the transceiver in the tv itself not the remote. If you press the channel up button on 1 remote and both change at the same time, then most likely they have the same type of transceiver.

most if not all universal remotes or even the ones the manufacturer provide are RF now. you can tell by pointing it at a wall away from the tv, if it is RF the signal will bounce off and hit the tv, if it is IR it would have to be pointed directly at it.

I am not sure what service mode is, likely it is something that will screw up your tv, so I wouldn't mess with it.

I wish I had an option for you. But I think I was pretty clear on the options as I listed above.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
please find out if service mode will change the frequency one of the tvs is old and i don't mind breaking the warranty on the old one.
Expert:  chutz747 replied 5 months ago.

i would need the exact brand and model number to check that.

But i don't think it is possible as this frequency is hard coded into a chip in the tv.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
le40c530f1w
samsung
Expert:  chutz747 replied 5 months ago.

i looked at your manual, and I cannot find anything about a service mode.

Since the frequency for the remote is hard coded into a chip its hardware you would not be able to change this anway.

I can ask that this question be forwarded to the tv category, it was in computers. Maybe someone there can think of something. But I don't think they would tell you anything different then I have.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
please forward it on
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i figured out that i can pair a bluetooth ps4 controller to the tv and it controls the tvjust thinking if i set it so one controller to control the tv and one for the ps4 and use the remote for the other tv that may work have a look into that option please
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 5 months ago.

Hi there yes this should work.

​There used to be a product called the Ocelot which would translate IR commands so you could use say a Sony remote to control your Samsung TV but this is a very labour intensive solution.

You can also try to shield the IR pickup on each TV so that you can control each TV separately. Basically you just put a piece of cardboard over or next to the IR sensor so that you have to move the remote to the left or right to get past the cardboard blocking. I know this is low tech but I have uses this method in the past