MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
11519491

I have a Panasonic TX-P42G30B which has just been repaired

I have a Panasonic TX-P42G30B which has just been repaired under warranty. On trying to watch programmes recorded on the external HDD and trying to use the rewind facility on the current programme being watched neither functions are available. On checking the status of the HDD in setup it shows the hard drive but says that recording is not available. Is it possible to a) recover the previously recorded programmes and b) still use the external hard drive for "rewind" of the current programme being watched?
Category: TV
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

are the programs that are prerecorded on the external HDD?

Tech Michael

Also yes you should be able to view the old recorded shows on the old HDD if they were recorded with that main unit.

Actually they should be showing and playing now.

Also yes you should be able to record on that external HDD still.

If you cant do those things, then the repair has been botched or they didnt repair everything that needed to be when it was serviced. So you woul will need to send this one back with a note explaining what the problems are. I know these systems all too well lol.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael