Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a TV JMB full HD LCD 42" plasma screen. It is stuck

I have a TV JMB full HD LCD 42" plasma screen . It is stuck on standby. I have unplugged it whilst holding the on/off button waited a minute and switched it back on. I have unplugged it overnight, restarted it, but no response except a tiny flicker as though the tv is trying to start.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. What is the full model number off of the back of the TV please?

Also what is the rough age of the set?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
42883 FULL HD LCD, it may be about 4-5 years old
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately that is all you can try on a user level, and this indicates the set has a fault either in the mainboard or the power supply board. There are no quick fixes for this and the set requires component level testing and replacement to fix it. The average cost for this repair on this set is in the $250-$300 range, and given the set can be replaced with a brand new 42" LED for the same cost- this is not a cost effective repair. I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

Alternatively, if you're looking to attempt a DIY repair, then you will need a multi-meter (volt meter) and to be comfortable removing the back of the set to test live voltages. If that is something you're looking to do- let me know and we can proceed.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no thank you. I have ordered a new TV. Thanks again for your valuable advice.
Val