Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a TV model WP3215VNB, with digital soarview box.. the

I have a walker TV model WP3215VNB, with digital soarview box.. the sound has gone off the TV with a message in the middle of the screen which says 'no channels have been added yet please go to the install and retune menu to add channels' however all my channels are working fine just no sound and that message in middle of screen and when I go through the process of going to install and retune etc nothing happens it says no channels were found.. Can I help ?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.
By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.
Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That didn't restore sound it's still the same but I tried a DVD and it's working with sound
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
R u still there
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There is no actual power button this TV aside from using a remote
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Okay if the DVD is working with sound then the issue is your Digital Soarview box is faulty and the reboot of the box is the only thing that can correct this. The power button procedure with the TV does not need to be done- since the DVD works fine on the set. I would suggest trying one more reboot of the Soarview box and beyond that this would indicate a processor failure in the box.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't seem to be getting a response from your technician on my last three attempts
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Sorry, there is no way to provide remote assistance for a Soarview box, I'm not sure why the site even offers that.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

My replies are above. Please do not send multiple replies as they are pushing mine off of your screen. Scroll up to see all replies.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Pull the power cord out of the box fully for 30 seconds and plug it back in for a full reboot. If the issue persists, then please tell me how old the Soarview box is, and is this provided by your cable/SAT provider, or did you purchase it outright?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I rebooted and it's still the same
I take it I need to contact the digital box provider
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Yes, unfortunately since the issue is isolated to the digital box, and the TV works fine using the DVD, this concludes the issue is something the provider needs to address.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Aric, Technician
Experience: 15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company