Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a viera hd ready 19 inch lcd tv and I want to attach

I have a viera hd ready 19 inch lcd tv and I want to attach a Sennheiser wireless head phones which has a jack connection which is bigger than the jack points on the tv. what can you suggest please
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you give me the exact model of the wireless head phone please?

And the model of the TV?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Richard,
Thank you for your email, I could not reply to your question earlier as I am having real problems trying to get into the web site.
The exact model of the head phones is - Sennheiser RS120 11 Wireless-on-ear Headphones.
The tv is Panasonic Viera 19 inch hd ready Lcd.
Is that sufficient for you?
I await your response at your convenience
David *********
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Ok, the jack connector has an adapter on it, have you removed the adapter as then it is the regular 3.5mm size jack

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Richard,Apologies for the delay in replying, not only am I 77 but have health issues as well and also have other situations that I have to deal with.I am fully aware of the alternative jack sizes for the headphones, my problem is that the female jacks on the back of television are smaller than the headphones jack and even when using stronger than normal pressure to input they will not accept the jack .Is there anywhere else on the television that will take this jack, if not what can I do?Your advices awaited at your convenience,Thanking you in anticipation.David
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) Can you please get me the full model number off of the back of the Panasonic TV?

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

If you need assistance with this, please postback. I can then reference and see exactly what is causing the problem. once I have the TV model number.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Aric,
the model number of my television is - TX-L19C20B
I await your response at your convenience.
Thanking you,
David
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** look now.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Okay the side of the TV has what is a standard 3.5mm headphone jack- this is standard for all headphones using a mini-jack connection. If you're not able to fit the plug into the jack, I would strongly suggest purchasing another cable, as it may simply be out of spec for the jack. However I've not seen a 3.5mm cord not fit into a 3.5mm jack unless something happened along the way to cause damage to either the cord or the jack. I completely understand if something did not happen- but we need to try another cable at least as both a test and an attempt at a fix. If you cannot insert a 2nd cable into the jack, then this indicates a mechanical failure in the inside of the headphone jack unfortunately.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Aric, Technician
Experience: 15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company