littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Expert
Experience:  Plasma, LCD, LED, converters, resolution specialist.
63817454

Panasonic DMR-EX78 just shows DVD 3 and will not do anything

Panasonic DMR-EX78 just shows DVD 3 and will not do anything with either remote or manual. Any help?
Category: TV
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Sorry for the delay. Your remote has changed from DVD 1 to 3 by mistake. Panasonic makes the remotes changeable in case you have another player, so that each remote will only control one machine, instead of all of them.

On your remote, hold OK and 1 for more than 5 seconds. Keep an eye on the display. Press OK to confirm, and it will switch your remote back to DVD 1.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
HI Rusty. I tried that but does not make any difference. The next time I press any button on the remote I just get DVD 3 again. I even bought a new remote and still have the same problem. Giles
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Problem solved Rusty. I needed to hold OK & 3 for 5 seconds as it was DVD 3 showing on the panel. It is now working fine!!