info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Sharp lc40le811e. Tv will turn off after a short while when

Sharp lc40le811e. Tv will turn off after a short while when warm and come back on when it cools down. I have noticed the heat sink containing power suply components run extremely hot as if it was drawing too much current. Do you know if this is a known fault with this set?, I have tried to obtain another power supply but they seem to be hard to find.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.

Welcome

Parts within the powersupply board will run very hot, OK when the set shuts down are there any blinking lights on the front of the set?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when the set shuts down the inverted chevron on the front of the set blinks twice and the set will come back on after a short period. The set will run quite happily in the eco mode obviously with with a poorer picture.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.

The chevron should be blinking long and short blinks ?so is it one long one short blink?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is correct one long one short.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.

OK your not going to like what I am going to say about this issue but its a very common one particularly with sharp sets, there is a problem with the backlighting its bad the reason why it stays up in eco mode is because the backlights are "backed off" so are able to run this does not always happen and in most cases the set will stay off blinking like it is, sorry to say but its not an option to replace the backlights in an LCD\LED set due to costs, they are considered integral to the panel so just like the panel they are not replaced. One long\one short means bad backlighting

I am sorry for bad news and I know this was not what you wanted to hear however I do need to be rated positively if I am to receive any credit from the site, rating bar of stars is at the top of the page thank you.

If you need any more help please let me know sorry for dismal news you should complain to sharp via the site www.sharpusa.com

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your advice. Will persevere with the set for a while. Do like the 4 pixel quattron sets for there true colours. Thanks again will give you a good rating. David.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.

David I am sorry I don't have better news

Please remember to complain to sharp via the website I have know manuf to help particular if the set is under 3 years old

Anthony

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.

Many Thanks

Anthony