Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have two Panasonic TV's. The one in the living room is

I have two Panasonic TV's. The one in the living room is used more often than the other.
Until about three months ago I had no problems but since then a message appears on the screen asking for a change of batteries in the control of the living room set every two or three weeks. My usage is no greater than before when the batteries were never questioned.
Any suggestions?
Joe Smedley
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) What is the model number off of the back of the TV in question?

2) What remote is it you're using (Cable/SAT remote, original remote, etc.)?

3) What kind of batteries are you using (brand)?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
TV Model is TX-28DTM. Remote is SKY. Batteries are Dracell AA Plus Power
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

If you're getting a message to change the remote batteries- and you're using a Sky remote, then this has nothing to do with your TV. It has to do with your Sky remote. Since the Panasonic has no way to generate this type of message as it does not know what remote you're using. However your Sky box does have the capability to generate this message, and would indicate the remote is faulty and draining these batteries. You would need to replace the Sky remote to fix the issue.