Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have an LG LED TV. I have installed and android box on it

I have an LG LED TV. I have installed and android box on it and a horizintal line has appeared right across the image approx one third down from the top of the screen how do I remove it?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-If you press MENU on the LG tv remote, is this line affecting that on screen menu?

-If you change the tv INPUT, is this line appearing on the other inputs? (having nothing connected to the other inputs is of no concern at this point)

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it affects the menu and also appears on all inputs
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

You could try unplugging the tv power cord for a few minutes, but that is a long shot.

Horizontal lines on any flat panel tv is very bad news. It means the tv screen has a manufacturing defect that requires replacing the entire tv screen. If the tv is under any sort of warranty, it's time to contact them. Otherwise having the tv repaired is not worth it, the screen costs more than a new tv. Just an in home diagnosis is usually at least $100 up front.

I'm sorry for the bad news. I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant but at least now you can make the most of your situation without high repair costs and long wait times. You saved a lot of time and money by coming here first.

Unless there is something else you can think of, please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page before you go.

Mike

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sorry wrong phone number should be(###) ###-####
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Appears the site sent you an automatic pop up for phone call service. This was not sent by me, and I am not available by phone. In the mean time we can continue our chat...

Did you read the answer I just posted? Here it is again:

Mike