Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My 90 year old aunt, who lives alone and has very poor

My 90 year old aunt, who lives alone and has very poor eyesight has a Grundig Freeview Digital TFT LCD TV MODEL GU26DP. There is still sound and the ability to change channels but there is no picture at all, just a black, blank screen. It is possible that she has pressed the wrong on the remote control. I have tried unplugging and plugging in again but his has no effect. Can you help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?
Note that I need time to type and research for parts and info if needed so don't be surprised if there are delays between replies

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

I`ll start by saying that if you do have sound then the tv is on and on the correct input and that no functions will cause the screen to be completely dark while the tv is playing with sound and all .

I`m sorry to say but the tv went defective and that problem would be the backlighting , namely power /inverter board in the tv .

Now this is a 26" tv and to have this repaired in a shop could cost as high as 100 pounds and you can practically buy a 32" tv with all the bells and whistles for that price so I would definitely recommend thinking about retirement for this one .

Wish i had better news and an easier solution for you today but i hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.
Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer with the stars at the top of your page and SUBMIT so i get compensated for my time and note that you can still reach me here at anytime after this chat is closed if you have other questions.

Please note the fact that from where i`m sitting there is just so much that i can do and rating below O.K service would only penalize me for that fact.

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Any questions on this ?
Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no charge) if you have other questions related to that.