Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Help please! Digihome TV model DLED32125HD. TV ok last

Help please! Digihome TV model DLED32125HD. TV ok last night, now only sound no picture. Have disconnected all peripherals &I plugged aerial direct. No change. Have also unplugged from mains, also no change. Would appreciate speedy answer as alone with no distraction from crazy thoughts. Thanks. Bev
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Roughly how old is the set please?

Also, when you turn it on does the Digihome welcome screen display as usual?

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Let me know when you're able to see my reply and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry Aric I had access to your answer problems. My TV is approx 3yrs old. I don't think I have ever seen the digihome home screen. The standby light flashes a few times then opens on the last channel watched normally. Last couple of times I have turned on Tv got black screen and sound. Unplugging power worked before but not today. Bev
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for the reply Bev. When you first turn the TV on you should get it's native welcome screen. Or at least the Input icon should show on the screen (HDMI 1, etc.). Let's try this, please grab the original Digihome remote and press MENU- will the set's own MENU show up?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No luck. Have already tried pressing all remote buttons in turn before contacting you. Bev
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Batteries in remote are new and work and there are no buttons on TV itself.
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Okay, that's not good news and indicates a hardware failure in the set. The Mainboard processes all your button commands as well as the remote. This isn't in normal operation of the set, and yiu're generally looking at repairs here.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Are you still with me here? If you're having the same results, then please let me know how long you've owned this set for.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok. 1st attempt with peripherals plugged in did not work. 2nd attempt with all peripherals unplugged did not work so tried it one last time with nothing but aerial plugged in and it worked. Am I going to have to do that every morning as the alternatives are expensive eg repairs or permanently leaving it switched on!?Bev
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

This does indicate that the set has issues, and I have no way of predicting if it will continue to work as normal, or if you're going to have to try that each morning, or if the set will fail altogether. These sets are prone to this kind of issue, and unfortunately it is inherent to this brand. Beyond those steps above, replacement of the set with a reputable brand such as LG, Samsung or Toshiba would be my best suggestion in lieu of repairing this set. Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

There's no remote assistance able to be done on a TV- that service is for internet problems. Please review my reply above and kindly rate my efforts if you would please.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Remote assistance button was pressed accdentally. Does my TV still need repair? Will my peripherals and TV ever work together again as they have for 3yrs?
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

You're welcome. If satisfied for my efforts, could you please click a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page so that I am paid for my time and work?

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.