Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a six year old tx-l32d25ba tv that will not power up.

Hi, I have a six year old tx-l32d25ba tv that will not power up. First green light on the front blinks and then replaced by red blinking light. Had no problems before. Regards, Peter
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

That red blinking light is an error code, and that is how they happen- all of a sudden.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Are you able to get the set to power on? If not, please tell me what code the red blinking light is giving (for example: 7 blinks, pause, 7 blinks, pause, etc.).