Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Product: TV model TX-42C10B The screen went off mid-program

Product: TV model TX-42C10B
The screen went off mid-program and the power light flashes red intermittently. Tried switching off from the mains, waiting a few minutes before switching on again. Also tried blasting the vents with a hair dryer
Any help would be much appreciated
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Flashing power light is indicating an error code so please count how many times it is flashing pauses for 3 seconds and repeats the blink pattern and post that info here to troubleshoot the problem.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
7 flashes
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Also, can you recheck TV model number that seems incorrect/ missing few alphabets/ digits?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sticker on the back says:MODEL No: TX-P42C10B
SERIAL No: FJ-9652386
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I typed it exactly as it shows, case sensitive too
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

TX-P42C10B is valid model, before there was P missing in number.

7 times flashing light is an error code that indicates SC board failure, this board is located on left side if you're looking at TV rear and back cover is off. Need to replace SC board to resolve the problem. Please click following link to view SC board image and part number info that can be used to search/ google it to get replacement SC board better price info to order it if you have plan to do-it-yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-txnsc11ubg42-sc-board.htm

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you very much!I have no technological knowledge/skills so I would not be able to do this myself. Are you able to advise how much a repair company might charge?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
P.S. I just clicked on that link & the page wouldn't open
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

You can expect $250 plus repair cost from local TV repair shop. Question page shows you're in UK so that link may not work, let me post different supplier links..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-SC-Board-TC-42PX14-TC-P42C1-TC-P42C2-TNPA4773AK-TXNSC11UBG42-/152166169855

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok. Thank you very much5 stars from me!Have a nice dayBye
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

You're welcome, if you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Wish you good luck~