Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

We recently converted from talk talk to sky tv broadband and

Customer Question

We recently converted from talk talk to sky tv broadband and phone. unfortunateley i am a 79 year old numpty and can no longer access my tv. It will come on with HDMI2 and will play for seconds and then switch off. HELP
Category: TV
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your query today.

To start with, do you have Sky TV, or is it only broadband you buy from Sky?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no we have tv and phone and it is the tv that i am having problems with
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

So the fault sounds like it relates to the Sky box.

At the rear of the TV there are some HDMI cables which go from the TV to the sky box, see which HDMI port they go into on the TV, the TV should list them as HDMI 1, HDMI 2 etc. We need to check the Sky box is plugged into HDMI 2, as it sounds like you may have changed the source of the TV to the wrong HDMI port.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.
I havent heard from you in a few days, and wanted to understand if I can be of any further assistance?

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, I havent heard back from you in the last few days, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, I havent heard back from you in the last few days, do you still require assistance?