Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Is there any way of using a computer screen with a now tv

Is there any way of using a computer screen with a now tv box. I can plug-it in with HDMI but is there a way of getting sound from the box to external speakers. I don't want to have to buy a television when I have a large PC monitor.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

What you need is a HDMI audio extractor where the hdmi video signal goes on to the monitor but you can intercept the audio and feed it to your computer speakers , sound bar etc.

Here is an example ; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1080P-HDMI-Extractor-Splitter-HDMI-Digital-to-Analog-3-5mm-Out-Audio-HDMI2HDMI-/151897909458?hash=item235dd228d2:g:WVsAAOSwp5JWWWyU

You can simply search for " HDMI audio extractor " and you will find quite a few on the market and especially ebay .

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (free of charges) if you have questions or need further help.