Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I own a Panasonic Vierz TX-37D28BS TV on which I have

I own a Panasonic Vierz TX-37D28BS TV on which I have received BBC iPlayer for several years from my home Wi-Fi network. The BBC have now withdrawn this service and I need to know what new piece of Panasonic equipment I need to purchase to resume the service without having to buy a complete new TV.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hello Brian,

there is no way to alter the tv. There is no firmware update for this as this model is no longer supported, and panasonic does not offer any hardware upgrades that would be compatible.

You can supplement the tv with an external device however that would allow you to access iplayer, such as a roku or firetv (click for links to view/purchase). Either of these connect to the tv with a hdmi cable and then link up to your home wifi network to provide access to all the same apps your tv did as well as many more with less cost than a new tv.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan